cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
f48614
Level 3

extrem slow Start of Installshield 2009

I have some problems with Installshield 2009 SP1.

Everytime when I start Installshield the program search for updates in the background.

Installshield donĀ“t use my IE Setting for the proxy and try to reach the update pages directly. This is blocked by the firewall.

If I connect my computer directly a router without a firewall, than Installshield starts faster.

Does anyone know where I can configure my Internet Settings for Installshield or deactivate the check for updates during program start ?

The scheduled updates I set to manualy.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You might want to see if the public_setup.exe hotfix in the following KB article resolves the issue:
http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200044

Debbie Landers
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
f48614
Level 3

Hello Debbie,

thanks for your advise.

After I apply this hotfix my icon in the startmenu doesnĀ“t working anymore.

When I use C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\11\ISUSPM.exe to start the Software Update. I get an Script Error in Line 0 Position 1 and I have to close the process agent.exe with the task manager.

I donĀ“t found any option to configure the update agent.
Proxy Settings, User ...

Where can I configure the update agent ?

best regards

Thomas
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Try adding the registry keyā€¦

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Update Service
"IsConnected"=dword:00000001

That should allow InstallShield to start faster.

We are looking into the shortcut issue.
0 Kudos
f48614
Level 3

Hello Mike,

thanks a lot.

After I add your registry key my Installshield starts normal.

Thomas
0 Kudos
maforshaw
Level 5

After a recent update to the Update Service, IS2009 SP2 started to take forever to load.

I found this thread and added the IsConnected key. It now starts up instantly so clearly there is a fault in the Update Service.
0 Kudos