cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_anitha
Level 8

Elevated privilage for files in Vista

Hi,

My project is developed in InstallScript MSI type.
I would like to copy some executables to the target system, which can run with elevated user privilage on Vista OS.
I am able to change the privilage for installer, but not for the files which I install. :confused:
Please help!!

Anitha
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

yes you can do it. First you need to create a manifest file with the required execution level = asAdministrator. Then you have to execute MT.EXE and to associate the manifest files to those executables. Those executables will automatically get elevated. please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks
Chandan
0 Kudos
girishkatti123
Level 7

Thanks for the response.
I have created a manifest file and could execute using MT.exe.
I need to execute an external exe so should I use "outputresource" or an "updateresource" in the command.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe" -manifest "abc.exe.manifest" -outputresource:or updateresource:"abc.exe;#1"

Thanks & Regards
Girish Katti
0 Kudos
J_anitha
Level 8

Thanks for the response Chandan.
I created a manifest file and could execute using MT.exe.
I need to execute an external exe so should I use "outputresource" or an "updateresource" in the command.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe" -manifest "abc.exe.manifest" -outputresourcer updateresource:"abc.exe;#1"
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Hi Anitha,
Use the following command :

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\mt.exe" -manifest "abc.exe.manifest" -outputresource: abc.exe

The requestedExecutionLevel should be asAdministrator in the manifest file.

Thanks
Chandan
0 Kudos