cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinodInstall
Level 3

error -6259: Internal build error

I have been trying to resolve the issue in signing. I gave all details under Release->signing providing .pfx file  and password. Could any one please provide appropriate solution?

log file:

Dialog PatchWelcome for language English (United States) built
Dialog ReadyToInstall for language English (United States) built
Dialog ReadyToRemove for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupCompleteError for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupCompleteSuccess for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupError for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupInitialization for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupInterrupted for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupProgress for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupResume for language English (United States) built
Dialog SetupType for language English (United States) built
Dialog SplashBitmap for language English (United States) built
Resolving strings...
Language English (United States) built
Synchronizing file keys
Files built
Media table successfully built
Started signing certificate.msi ...
ISDEV : error -6259: Internal build error
Setup.exe created
Started signing setup.exe ...
Automatic update notification disabled
DC\Release - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

0 Kudos
(8) Replies
ncapule
Level 3

I am getting the same error.  Is there a solution for this?  I am using InstallShield 2018 Lite with Visual Studio 2017

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Try adding your certificate to the trusted root certificate authorities store on the local build machine.
This article whilst old is still relevant for Windows 10 and explains how:

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/How-to-add-certificates-to-the-Trusted-Root-Certification/ta-p/4118

0 Kudos

I have tried the steps but it didn't help.  In fact, i see additional error "SigningHelper: error 0x80072ee2 while attempting to sign file".  Do I need to reboot the machine? Also it asked me to save to a console1 when i exited mmc.  Also how do i check the IDE to make sure digital information provided is correct?

19>Started signing certificate.msi ...
19>SigningHelper: error 0x80072ee2 while attempting to sign file
19>ISEXP : warning : -1027: A warning occurred while signing certificate.msi. See the build log for details.
19>ISEXP : error : -6259: Internal build error
19>Started signing <file>.msi ...
19>ISEXP : warning : -1027: A warning occurred while signing <file>.msi. See the build log for details.
19>ISEXP : error : -6258: An error occurred extracting digital signature information from file "<file>.msi". Make sure the digital signature information provided in the IDE is correct.
19>ISEXP : error : -6003: An error occurred streaming '<file>.isc' into setup.exe
19>Setup.exe created
19>Started signing setup.exe ...
19>ISEXP : warning : -1027: A warning occurred while signing setup.exe. See the build log for details.
19>Automatic update notification disabled

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi ncapule,

Is your machine has the digital signature hotfix installed or not, if its not installed please install it by execute the steps mentioned in the following KB article and please share your feedback with us.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Digital-Signing-Patch-for-InstallShield-2015-SP2-and-above/ta-p/121641

Even after installing hotfix if you are facing the same error, then Please check you are machine has anti virus or any security software running, if yes please turn it off once and then try building the project and see it builds successfully or not.

0 Kudos

Will the hotfix work with InstallShield 2018 Lite and Visual Studio 2017?  Windows 10 pro

thanks

0 Kudos

By the way, our build machine is isolated from the outside network and we are using the ntp timestamp server

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Is Digital signature hotfix installed in your machine or not?

From when you are facing this issue? after upgrading windows or installing any windows update? or other changes in the machine including antivirus update?

Did you tried turning off anti virus to build the project?

0 Kudos

I am setting this up in a new machine and this machine is isolated from the outside network.  i tried installing the patch but it cannot continue since it detected that i have InstallShield 2018 Lite and it is not listed as a compatible version for the patch.  I also tried turning off antivirus and that didn't help either.  We are using our own NTP timestamp server.  Is there a way i can manually invoke the signing part ? maybe i can debug it from that point.

0 Kudos