cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboFisch
Level 7

error 1406 VersionMajor could not be written

New thing showed:
could not write VersionMajor to key software\Microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\{guid}

the guid is my product configuration and I'm an administrator. No idea why this is popping up no.

GRR!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
TurboFisch
Level 7

Here's a little more detail from the log. I XXX'd everything that was company specific.

MSI (s) (2C:D0) [15:26:09:194]: Executing op: ProductRegister(UpgradeCodeXXX,VersionString=XXX,HelpLink=XXX,HelpTelephone=XXX,InstallLocation=XXX,InstallSource=XXX\Local\Downloaded Installations\XXX\,Publisher=XXX,URLInfoAbout=XXX,URLUpdateInfo=XXX,,NoModify=1,,,,,Readme=0,,,EstimatedSize=132325,,,,)
MSI (s) (2C:D0) [15:26:09:215]: Note: 1: 1406 2: VersionMajor 3: Products\XXX\InstallProperties
MSI (s) (2C:D0) [15:26:09:215]: Product: XXX-- Error 1406.Could not write value VersionMajor to key \Products\XXX\InstallProperties. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

both administrator and system have full control. this project requires administrator. I do not understand why I'm getting this all of a sudden. UAC on/off does not seem to play a role. I turned off virus scanner to test.

please help!
0 Kudos
TurboFisch
Level 7

well, the installer did actually write successfully to the registry. I just need to get rid of the dialog, and I don't understand why it pops up.

any clues?
0 Kudos