cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyr0nk0r
Level 3

cant change Start Menu folder name

Please see attachment.

I am using an existing install MSI and opening it up in the InstallShield as a wizard.
Per the following : http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalID=Q200261

I cannot change the name of the folder underneath the start menu. The "error" I get says
This setting is read-only because the selected folder is a predefined subfolder of INSTALLDIR

The only thing is, I can't find ANYWHERE where a subfolder is being defined for it. Any help?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
cyr0nk0r
Level 3

190 views and no one from Flexera bothers to help. Great forums these are :rolleyes:

I figured out that if you go into the "Direct Editor" you can find the variable that is defining this folders name and just change it there. When you go back to the shortcuts area the name will now be changed.
0 Kudos
KEiGHT
Level 6

Try to edit from Installation Designer\Application Data/Files and Folders .
If there are some folders with (!)red sign just delete them all.

Please next time be more polite if you need help from users or even from admins 🙂
reply if it works !

Have a nice day.
0 Kudos
cyr0nk0r
Level 3

KEiGHT wrote:
Please next time be more polite if you need help from users or even from admins 🙂

My first post wasn't impolite. :rolleyes:
Also, please look at the posting dates.
190 views and over A MONTH and not a single person replied. Great support from the community. And even if no user has ever had this problem you'd think the support people from Flexera might come in to these forums and actually help people.
0 Kudos
Martin
Level 5

It's a bit late to respond but today I had this same issue and was unable to find an answer on it on the Internet.

After struggling a few minutes the following method works for me: Set the ISAttributes of the startmenu
directories to '3'. Due to the fact that ISAttributes is undocumented perform this action only on the
startmenu directories.

All our previous created Installshield Projects have the ISAttributes set to 3. Installshield Projects created
by a conversion from a MSI end up with a 0 for the ISAttributes resulting in this issue.
0 Kudos