cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upasana
Level 3

adding setup Prerequisites (no Prerequisites editor available in options)

Hi,
I am using Install shield 2013, Express Edition. I want to add some msi's and exe's as a requirement / prerequisites for my project(means i want to add new prerequisites apart from the default available). They should run before my setup executes, depending on if that software is available on target machine or not..while searching on net i found an option of 'Prerequisites Editor' which is not available in this IS version.How can i achieve the same?
I also tried option of setting up 'Custom actions'..Is this only the way to achieve this with this IS version?
There's also an option of 'Requirements' but when i add it, setup get's interrupted when prompted with requirement alert and nothing gets installed or executed(like .msi/exe in my case).
Please help, preferably in steps to achieve this.

Regards
Upasana
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

With Express you would need to use a custom action to install software that is not available as a provided prerequisite. You can place the installers in Setup Files or store them in the Binary Table.
0 Kudos
upasana
Level 3

can u please explain in steps with some example(probably of some .exe), how to add in setup files?
0 Kudos
tjohnson1
Technical Writer
Technical Writer

Setup Files is located in section 5. Define Setup Requirements and Actions. Under Setup Files select English and you will then see a panel on the right where you can add the file (right click->Insert file). For your custom action to launch an EXE; select File Exists on Target Computer, and set the File Location to [SUPPORTDIR]
0 Kudos
upasana
Level 3

tjohnson1 wrote:
Setup Files is located in section 5. Define Setup Requirements and Actions. Under Setup Files select English and you will then see a panel on the right where you can add the file (right click->Insert file). For your custom action to launch an EXE; select File Exists on Target Computer, and set the File Location to [SUPPORTDIR]

thanks tjohnson1.. i got it..
0 Kudos
upasana
Level 3

upasana wrote:
thanks tjohnson1.. i got it..

i have added one more question on the forum, but no one has yet repleid on it.. can you please look for the same and suggest if have any idea..
https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?217884-set-minimum-space-check-in-installation
0 Kudos