Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keleman
Level 4

a puzzle with SdFeatureTree

hello ,every body .
i build a script project by IS2009.
i modify the event that OnShowUI().

i want force install but no uniinstall the older version.
the project install successful ,but reinstall can not work right,the SdFeatureTree can't show the required drive space .and can't install ok.
somebody can help me .i English is poor ,sorry.
the there is the codes.

function OnShowUI()
BOOL bMaintenanceMode, bUpdateMode;
string szIgnore, szTitle;
begin

// Enable dialog caching
Enable( DIALOGCACHE );

// Determine what events to show.
bUpdateMode = FALSE;
bMaintenanceMode = FALSE;

// Remove this to disabled update mode.
if( UPDATEMODE ) then
bUpdateMode = TRUE;
endif;

// Remove this to disable maintenance mode.
if ( MAINTENANCE ) then
bMaintenanceMode = TRUE;
endif;

// Show appropriate UI

// TODO: Enable if you want to enable background etc.
//if ( LoadStringFromStringTable( "TITLE_MAIN", szTitle ) < ISERR_SUCCESS ) then // Load the title string.
// szTitle = IFX_SETUP_TITLE;
//endif;
//SetTitle( szTitle, 24, WHITE );
//Enable( FULLWINDOWMODE );
//Enable( BACKGROUND );
//SetColor( BACKGROUND, RGB( 0, 128, 128 ) );

/* if( bUpdateMode ) then
OnUpdateUIBefore();
else
if ( bMaintenanceMode ) then
OnMaintUIBefore();
else
OnFirstUIBefore();
endif;
endif;
*/
OnFirstUIBefore();

// Move Data
OnMoveData();

/*if( bUpdateMode ) then
OnUpdateUIAfter();
else
if ( bMaintenanceMode ) then
OnMaintUIAfter();
else
OnFirstUIAfter();
endif;
endif;
*/
OnFirstUIAfter();
// Disable dialog caching
Disable(DIALOGCACHE);

end;
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Does this behavior occur if you remove the modified version of OnShowUI?

Note that OnFirstUIBefore is only intended to be called on a first time install. Calling it in maintenance mode may not behave as expected.
0 Kudos
keleman
Level 4

joshstechnij wrote:
Does this behavior occur if you remove the modified version of OnShowUI?

Note that OnFirstUIBefore is only intended to be called on a first time install. Calling it in maintenance mode may not behave as expected.

thanks .
it does not occur when i remove the modified.
the original codes of OnShowUI() function that the event-wizard created ,it runs right .

i want force install the project built by IS2009 to another directory , when the project determine an older version of the project .and i don't want uninstall the older version project .

how can i do .
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

You may want to try using the multi-instance support that is provided with InstallScript projects. This would provide the option to install a new instance of the product (thereby allowing the product to be installed in different locations on one machine) or run an existing instance in maintenance mode.

Multi-instance support can be enabled from the Project->Settings | Maintenance tab in InstallScript projects.
0 Kudos
keleman
Level 4

thanks for you help.

i config the property of project and test it.

i have any questions :
1: the every version could run depended ???
2: the shortcuts of those projects which on the program group of star menu can have multiple ? and they are one-to-onetransformation??
0 Kudos
keleman
Level 4

another question :
can i force install multiple instance project using the multi-instance support.
my boss doesn't like the multiple instance.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Each instance (from the InstallScript engine's view) are independent of each other. However, with any multi-instance style setup, the installation needs to be authored carefully to ensure one instance does not interfere with the others (for example, if the installation contains COM objects that must be registered, a COM object can only be registered once on any machine, which then creates an issue with multiple instance setups). You may want to create a separate shortcut folder (assuming shortcuts are on the start menu) for each instance.

There aren't really any options to force new instances to be installed, the option is given to the user running the installation. You may try using the /ig command line parameter when launching setup.exe to specify the instance you would like to use (this parameter requires specifying a valid guid for the instance).
0 Kudos
keleman
Level 4

thanks to your remind,

it is my err that slip of pen .

I want ask that "can i force install multiple instance project without using the multi-instance support."
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

There aren't any options available to install multiple instances of a product without enabling multiple instance support. You could set the project to "no maintenance or uninstall" but then it will be impossible to uninstall the product.
0 Kudos
keleman
Level 4

thanks for your help .
0 Kudos