cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IlkkaV
Level 7

Dialog Editor Doesn't Accept All Changes

I'm in the middle of adding a couple of dialogs to our installation and because of that I need to edit the behavior of various dialogs. However, IS 2010 seems to revert some of my changes as soon as I finish typing them. I can't find any pattern by which the rejection occurs, as out of two events with a similar condition I could edit the other one, but had to go to the Direct Editor to change the other. Is this is a known issue? This is making my work rather annoying as I keep having to pop in to the direct editor to make the necessary changes.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

If you give me a specific set of steps you tried, I'll try to repro on my end and let you know what is going on.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

I had this occur a few times with a Basic MSI project upgraded from earlier InstallShield versions:

1. Go to User Interface -> Dialogs
2. Expand some dialog and select Behavior
3. Select some control that has an event with conditions defined
4. Try to edit the condition -> when editing is finished the condition is restored to its previous state

There was no consistent pattern where this occurred. For example, out of two events with similar conditions I could edit the other one but not the other.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

I tried a bunch of conditions, however, the only ones it would not keep were invalid ones (and I was prompted with a message box saying the condition was invalid).

Are you using the condition builder? Or just entering the text into the grid directly? I think I may be missing a step.
0 Kudos
IlkkaV
Level 7

I was entering text directly into the grid. It might be hard to reconstruct as I can't repeat it consistently either, it was just strange as a valid syntax was disapproved and all changes undone, but then the same changes worked just fine for the next row.
0 Kudos