cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kotiomkin
Level 5

XML File Changes: modify only some nodes?

With IS 2009, InstallScript project, can I modify only some nodes in the XML File Changes and not all the nodes?
I need this because on UPDATEMODE I have to change only some nodes and leave unchanged the others (note that I can't update the other nodes during installation because user can have modified them meanwhile...).

Any suggestion is appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Sairen
Level 7

What have you tried so far?

Seems like you should just be able to import the file in the XML File Changes view, then delete the nodes you don't want.

Now, if you're wanting to edit some nodes on first install and some on upgrade...here's how I'd tackle it.
For first install, go ahead and associate that set of changes with whatever component makes the most sense.
For the upgrade, import the file again, same name, but a different component - a dummy one. Set that component to install on condition "Installed" and have it reevaluate the condition everytime.

Haven't tried it myself, but seems like it ought to work. 🙂 Let's hear how it goes!
0 Kudos
Kotiomkin
Level 5

Hi Saier!
Thanks for reply!

It is not clear how can I set the component to install on condition "Installed" ...
I use InstallScript ... is this options only available for the other IS setup project? Because I can't find it....
0 Kudos
Sairen
Level 7

Yes, my apologies - I did answer from a Basic MSI perspective even though you very clearly stated it was an InstallScript project.

And - my further apologies - I have no idea how to do anything in InstallScript world and hope that someone else can jump in to help you.
0 Kudos
Kotiomkin
Level 5

:eek: Oh my God...!
Sairen, I put all my hopes in you (...) 😉

Apart from the jokes, If someone know how to edit xml files via DOS command I can use this method....

I trust in you...
0 Kudos