cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nopeno
Level 4

Wondering how to change one of the items on the build label

Jump to solution

When running the installshield installer we've built, i know how to change most of the general information: product title, build date, so on.

But there's one string that says "rc10" which i assume is supposed to specify the release candidate, but I cannot for the life of me locate where in the installshield configuration (2019) this value gets set. Any ideas?   Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nopeno,

Thank you for your post.

There are a few things you could try. If you have the InstallShield 2019 Professional Edition (now, renamed to the InstallShield Edition) or Premier Edition, not Express Edition, you could try saving the configuration (project) file in Project File Format, under General Information, in XML. You could then use a text editor, such as the free Notepad++ text editor, to search for 'rc10' and give you a hint / clue of where the project setting might be in the InstallShield IDE.

We do not support manually editing the project XML. That is, we cannot provide technical support for any issues resulting from manually changing the project XML directly. The InstallShield IDE needs to be the only tool used to configure the project. That's why I mentioned that. But you could take a look at the project XML in a text editor, as long as no changes are made directly.

If you have the Professional Edition (now, renamed to the InstallShield Edition) or the Premier Edition, you could try searching for 'rc10' in the Direct Editor under Additional Tools in the project settings. This could give you a hint / clue of where the project setting might be in the InstallShield IDE.

If you would like us to take a look, could you please private message (PM) me a copy of your project file, for reference? We'll keep it confidential. Could you please also PM me a screenshot of the text in your original screenshot, but in its original context, so that we can get an idea of where the text is displayed? For example, is the text displayed on a dialog? Lastly, which project type are you using? Basic MSI? InstallScript? Or InstallScript MSI? The project type should be indicated in square brackets on the InstallShield title bar when your affected project is open: [<Project Type>]

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(13) Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nopeno,

Thank you for your post.

There are a few things you could try. If you have the InstallShield 2019 Professional Edition (now, renamed to the InstallShield Edition) or Premier Edition, not Express Edition, you could try saving the configuration (project) file in Project File Format, under General Information, in XML. You could then use a text editor, such as the free Notepad++ text editor, to search for 'rc10' and give you a hint / clue of where the project setting might be in the InstallShield IDE.

We do not support manually editing the project XML. That is, we cannot provide technical support for any issues resulting from manually changing the project XML directly. The InstallShield IDE needs to be the only tool used to configure the project. That's why I mentioned that. But you could take a look at the project XML in a text editor, as long as no changes are made directly.

If you have the Professional Edition (now, renamed to the InstallShield Edition) or the Premier Edition, you could try searching for 'rc10' in the Direct Editor under Additional Tools in the project settings. This could give you a hint / clue of where the project setting might be in the InstallShield IDE.

If you would like us to take a look, could you please private message (PM) me a copy of your project file, for reference? We'll keep it confidential. Could you please also PM me a screenshot of the text in your original screenshot, but in its original context, so that we can get an idea of where the text is displayed? For example, is the text displayed on a dialog? Lastly, which project type are you using? Basic MSI? InstallScript? Or InstallScript MSI? The project type should be indicated in square brackets on the InstallShield title bar when your affected project is open: [<Project Type>]

0 Kudos

So I poked through the xml, its listed as part of the following row:

<row><td>IDS__ISWelcomeDlg_WarningCopyRight</td><td>1033</td><td>Installing .... then the rest as posted

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nopeno,

Thank you for your reply.

I still need the following points addressed:

0 Kudos

Certainly, how do i send you a private message?

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nopeno,

In the top, righthand corner of your Revenera Community account, there is an Other Resources menu, a bell icon, an envelope icon, and your profile picture. To send a private message, click the envelope icon, draft a message, then send the message. Please give this a try. Does it work for you?

0 Kudos

Says the attachment type .ise is not supported, and neither is .zip. So unless we're talking about a different file as the "project file" i'm unsure what you'd like me to send via PM

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nopeno,

No, that's correct--the InstallShield Express project .ise file is the file that I'm requesting. Are you able to attach the file as a renamed .txt file or .msi file?

0 Kudos

Type ".txt" is not supported. I can try pasting the whole thing as unformatted text into the private message if you like.

--Edit, actually i can't do taht either. After pasting the entire contents of the ise file as text in a private message to you, it just says "unexpected error" twice, in orange and refuses to send

0 Kudos

No to .txt, no to .msi. In fact it looks like none of the files that your software supports are supported by this website. That seems silly.

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

Thank you for your post, @nopeno.

At this point, a case would need to be opened to request technical support, but InstallShield 2019 has reached its end-of-life, so InstallShield 2019 is no longer supported. Hence, we cannot provide technical support for InstallShield 2019. Please contact us via the Contact Us Form at the following link to upgrade to InstallShield 2022 R2, which is the latest supported InstallShield version:

https://www.revenera.com/about-us/contact-us

0 Kudos

Alright, thank you.

0 Kudos
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator

You are welcome, @nopeno.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @nopeno You can try to zip the ise file and then attach it to portal