cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexFr
Level 3

Win32/x64 installation packages

I cannot find a place to specify target system in InstallShield 2012 Express. I need to create Win32 and x64 installations. Where can I specify the target processor type? Should I create two separate setup projects or it is possible to make Win32/x64 configurations in the same InstallShield project?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

InstallShield Express Edition can create installations that install to 32-bit locations on 32-bit and 64-bit machines. However, this edition cannot create installations that install to 64-bit locations on 64-bit machines. Only the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield include this support.

The following help topic from the InstallShield Premier/Professional help has more information:
Targeting 64-Bit Operating Systems
0 Kudos
AlexFr
Level 3

Thanks. Actually, I already created x64 installation package using Express Edition. It doesn't know anything about x64 - it just copies x64 binaries to destination folders, and installed product works. I understand that this is not true x64 support - such package can be installed to Win32 OS, this is incorrect, and destination folder by default is Program Files (x86).
I will test x64 support in Professional Edition.
0 Kudos