cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedman
Level 2

Keeps trying to install the same program

Yesterday I installed a USB network adapter on Windows XP and the installer used Installshield.

Now, whenever I try to install a new application it starts the Installshield Wizard for the USB network adapter and offers me the option to uninstall the USB network adapter. I always click cancel and the installer exits. But when I try again to install another application it keeps happening. So I can't install any other applications.

Finally, I uninstalled the USB network adapter and following this I got another application to install OK. So I thought this had fixed it. But after reinstalling the USB network adapter the same problem has started again.

I haven't got a clue what's going on. Hoping someone can help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TsungH
Level 12

Sounds like you are an end-user of USB network adapter. This is the forum for developers using InstallShield to create installations, like the one you run for USB network adapter (driver?). One place you can try is InstallShield Consumer Central. Otherwise, you will need to contact the manufacturer who makes the USB network adapter (and driver installation), they will be in a better position to help.
0 Kudos