cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Why the multilingual installer is showing like this?

Hi,
I am doing a multilingual installer with English, French, and Japanese.

In Japanese installer:
In some dialogs/screen the next, back, cancel button's text are having some garbage value. But other control's text in the same dialog/screen are correct.

Note: Same Identifier is used for all the dialog/screen 's next, back, cancel button's text (which are showing correct values also)

Any Idea :confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

InstallScript Project?
Since the Setup.exe of InstallScript projects does not support unicode you must select the corresponding language at 'Language for non-Unicode programs' of your OS.
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi,

Thanks for replay 'Holger'.
I already done those changes mentioned by you(as below). i am having the above issue for some dialogs/screens only(like 'CustomAskEdit'), rest all showing perfectly.

One more observation: The dialogs/screens which are having the above problem are 'edited' dialogs/screens.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Does your development/build machine have the Japanese code page installed?
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

Hi,

no, it was not there...... if it is not there then how the non-edited dialogs/screens are working properly?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Is your screenshot of the Regional and Language Options panel taken from the machine where the InstallShield IDE is installed. If not, can you check if the "Japanese" is listed in the dropdown list of the Language for non-Unicode programs section?
0 Kudos
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

The above screen-shot is from test machine. In the same-way i checked in my devlopment machine, i found 'japanese' in that list.....

One more question: why the screen's width(that are showing the text properly) is large when compared to:
-----> the screen which is having the issue
-----> 'English' installer

it means if the normal width is 375, the screen's widht which is showing proper text in Japanese installer is having 500
0 Kudos