cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jon_n_topazsys
Level 3

Why Dialog advances automatically?

Jump to solution

I have a Basic MSI project that I imported a dialog from an InstallScript project.  I've added the dialog into the dialog sequence by connecting it via the [NEXT] and [PREV] button behaviors.  However now when I run the installer the new dialog appears for a fraction of a second and then advances to the next dialog with no action from the user.   Looking for why this would be.  The new dialog has numerous text edit boxes with associated properties but the only defined behaviors are the NEXT and PREV buttons that are set to bring up the next and previous dialogs respectively.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
I solved my problem by recreating the dialog in the dialog editor in my Basic MSI project. After that the recreated dialog worked as expected. So the problem has something to do with trying to export a dialog from an InstallScript project into a Basic MSI project. When exported in this way something makes the dialog crash when executed in the installer generated by the Basic MSI project

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @jon_n_topazsys ,

Can you get log file by executing setup.exe /debuglog<Log_File_Path>?That might provide some additional information

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos
I solved my problem by recreating the dialog in the dialog editor in my Basic MSI project. After that the recreated dialog worked as expected. So the problem has something to do with trying to export a dialog from an InstallScript project into a Basic MSI project. When exported in this way something makes the dialog crash when executed in the installer generated by the Basic MSI project
0 Kudos