cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Gordon
Level 3

Which dll contains the Preparing Setup dialog?

Hello I would like to edit the "preparing setup dialog" / start? dialog. I cannot find it being called in the source code, so I can't find out what the name of the dialog is.... (any ideas?)

Looking in the dialog edit window I cannot see that any match the "Preparing startup" dialog box. Therefore I guess its in one of the dll's. As there are hundreds of dll's could anyone tell me which one contains the "Preparing Startup" dialog box?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Holger_G
Level 10

Please let me ask why do you want to edit this dialog?

Perhaps using the 'Small Initialization Dialog' setting would be an alternative for you?

-Nick
0 Kudos
Kevin_Gordon
Level 3

Hello,
I am customising the installation; replacing all the images with our own company images. I've done this on all the other dialog boxes by deleting the banner and pasting in our bitmap.

My intention is to do the same thing with this dialog box.

Surely its possible to edit this.

Or could you tell me where the code is that calls this dialog box, I may just edit it out and stop the box appearing (in only appears for a very brief time).
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

I don´t know how to modify this dialog (but a search in this forum might be helpful).

But as I wrote before, perhaps using the 'Small Initialization Dialog' setting would be an alternative for you? Have you tried that?
0 Kudos
Kevin_Gordon
Level 3

Okay I've tried that but I've still got a dialog with an image that I want to replace....
0 Kudos
Sairen
Level 7

I know this isn't recommended...yadda yadda, standard disclaimer... it may not even be legal, I haven't checked my EULA lately... So I ain't saying to do it, I'm just sayin' how you might be able to do it...

The file I believe you want to hack is
Redist\Language Independent\i386\setup.exe

Good luck. 😄
0 Kudos