cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daniel_wiggins
Level 2

Web Deployment Project

I'm currently evaluating InstallShield 2018 Premier as we're still on 2008 Professional.

Most of our projects are pretty simple VB6/.Net desktop projects, but we do have the odd web deployment package. Currently we install many of these manually using the web deployment tools in IIS, but we would like to create a simple installation package to do it for us. My understanding is that Premier can handle these types of projects as a Suite/Advanced UI Project, but upon creating such a project I'm running into a few hurdles.

The documentation here seems to me to be quite sparse. My built package prompts for a Site Name for my Local IIS Server and no matter what I enter here I am later presented with a message saying "Site 'xx' does not exist.", pointing me to a Microsoft link. Are there any tutorials around for this kind of project?

Failing that, it seems we may have to use the old method with a number of custom scripts and user controls.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

daniel.wiggins wrote:
I'm currently evaluating InstallShield 2018 Premier as we're still on 2008 Professional.

Most of our projects are pretty simple VB6/.Net desktop projects, but we do have the odd web deployment package. Currently we install many of these manually using the web deployment tools in IIS, but we would like to create a simple installation package to do it for us. My understanding is that Premier can handle these types of projects as a Suite/Advanced UI Project, but upon creating such a project I'm running into a few hurdles.

The documentation here seems to me to be quite sparse. My built package prompts for a Site Name for my Local IIS Server and no matter what I enter here I am later presented with a message saying "Site 'xx' does not exist.", pointing me to a Microsoft link. Are there any tutorials around for this kind of project?

Failing that, it seems we may have to use the old method with a number of custom scripts and user controls.

Hi,

In Web package type, can you please elaborate what are you trying to achieve in steps?

It can help each other to help you

Thanks,
Jennifer's
0 Kudos