cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmariani
Level 2

VS 2013 RC MSBuild fails on InstallShield project

With Visual Studio 2013 RC, MSBuild is failing on my InstallShield project task. It's works fine in the IDE.

Here's my MSBuild command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\Bin\msbuild" BISidecar.sln /t:clean;build

Here's the error:

"C:\Users\dave\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\C#\BISidecar\BISidecar.sln" (clean;build target) (1) ->
"C:\Users\dave\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\C#\BISidecar\Setup\Setup.isproj" (default target) (2:2) ->
(Build target) ->C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2013Limited\InstallShield.targets(100,3): error : Could not find InstallShield system folder at location "". Please provide the correct path in task parameter InstallShieldPath.

I can't figure out where I'm supposed to define (or set) the InstallShieldPath task parameter. I tried generating a MSBuild project file from the solution and added a C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE line to the PropertyGroup section but that didn't change the outcome.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

This error occurs when InstallShield is unable to find some of the files/folders in the required location, So, you can try changing the location of all your missing files(manually) and building it again.

Please let us know if this helped.

Thank you,
Chaitra
0 Kudos