cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asaplover
Level 2

InstallShield template project does not Appear in VS after Installing IS2012SPRLEd

After Installing IS2012SPRLEd:

1. VS 2010 : The InstallShield template project exist
2. VS 2012 : The InstallShield template project DOES NOT exist, Why?

have a look at the following pict: "setup and deployment" project (in VS 2012) does not exist after intalling IS2012SPRLEdition

However, it does exist in VS 2010.

Please tell me the solution?
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

What edition of Visual Studio are you using? (Visual Studio Express does not have support for plug-ins such as InstallShield.)

Here’s where I see InstallShield Limited Edition in Visual Studio 2012:
0 Kudos
afg
Level 2

I have the same problem with Installshield LE project template not appearing in VS2012.

I am using VS Professional edition. I also have VS2010 and 2008 installed, all professional edition.

I tried using the download link in VS2012 projects to install IS2012LE but like many people it seems, I just got into a loop where a blank project was created but no download or install was done. So I went onto the Installshield site and downloaded and installed the LE version. All seemed OK, but the project did not appear in the VS2012 Other Project Types. The entry in the project list to Activate IS LE had now disappeared. When I started IS LE from the Start menu it opened VS2010 and asked for an activation code (which I entered). The project is now active in VS2010 but still not present in VS2012. It is not listed in the components of VS shown in About Visual Studio 2012.

I do not use VS2010 now but need to keep it on my pc for some legacy projects.. Is there a way I can uninstall IS LE and reinstall it, forcing it to install in VS2012? If I do this will I get a problem because it is already activated?

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew
0 Kudos
jcoone
Level 6

We had a couple of our developers have this problem, one had to close Visual Studio and then run the installer for InstallshieldLE again before the projects showed up for him. The other had to completely uninstall InstallShield LE and reinstall it before it started working for him.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Andrew,

I request you to kindly close all the Visual Studio applications on your machine, reinstall InstallShield Limited Edition again on the system and restart Visual Studio.
InstallShield will now get integrated with Visual Studio after refresh.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
edmondo_porcu
Level 2

Doesn't work for me.
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Kindly follow the below thread (link) for the reply to your post.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?207508-Visual-Studio-2012-version-not-installing-properly

Thank you,
Chaitra
0 Kudos