cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramueedupalli
Level 3

VC++ 2010 Redistributables are not showing up in Windows 10

Hi,

Our project is developed in InstallShield 2016. We've added VC++2010 x64 redistributables as prerequisites to our project.

Condition type: Registry Key Exists

Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1D8E6291-B0D5-35EC-8441-6616F567A0F7}

Registry location: 64-bit

Run the Prerequisite: If the specified key DOES NOT EXIST

This is working perfectly fine on windows 7 and showing the VC++ 2010 redistributable entry in the prerequisites dialog.

But on windows 10 it is not working, not showing the VC++ 2010 redistributable  entry in the prerequisites dialog.

Please let me know if we need to change anything here.

Regards,

Ramu 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ramu,

It because of windows 10 condition is not added to the VC++2010, you can add it by editing the prq and go to condition tab --> click on add button and add windows 10 x64 bit condition and save the prq, then build and install the setup you will see the 2010 prq in prq installation dialog,

I have also attached the modified prq file, also screenshot to show how to edit and add the condition.

Hope it helps

Hi Varul,

Thank you for the quick response. If I add Windows 10 condition, is this check applicable for for Windows 10 only? How is the behavior on other OS platforms?

Thanks,

Ramu 

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Its already working on windows 7 right, if you want to install on latest server machines then again you need add condition for server machines 

0 Kudos