(7) Replies
Sairen
Level 7

I really need this too - anyone?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I would expect it to be installed by Visual Studio 2008 SP1; see if you can find it in one of Visual Studio's directories, or as a download from Microsoft.
0 Kudos
maqcsmaqcs
Level 2

When you install VS2008 SP0, the merge modules go into the common files folder, normally "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules".

When you install SP1, the merge modules will also go into this folder - but the SP1 installer is poo, and will not update the folder if you have merge modules already there.

What I normally do is install VS2008 SP0, rename the "Merge Modules" folder to "Merge Modules.VS2008". Then install VS2008 SP1, you will get a new "Merge Modules" folder. After the install I rename this to "Merge Modules.VS2008SP1".

The same applies for the other version of Visual Studio. We also keep a copy of the merge modules on our network for backup.
0 Kudos
Johannes_John
Level 7

Hello maqcsmaqcs,

is there a difference between VS2008 SP0 and SP1 MSMs?

Regards!
Johannes
0 Kudos
Sairen
Level 7

Yes, there is. The file versions are different. 21022 for the original, and 30729 for SP1
0 Kudos
Johannes_John
Level 7

Thanks and Regards!
0 Kudos
Superfreak3
Level 11

Does anyone have Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm v9.0.21022 around. I also need that policy merge module too. I deleted mine and can't find that version anywhere for download.

Any help would be appreciated!
0 Kudos