cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palanisamy
Level 7

Update installation issue InstallscriptMSI project

Hi,

My project type is installscript msi Project, during small update installation files(Exe and Dll) are not updated. Files(Dll and EXE) are included into component as dynamic files.

Please help?.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
anvanster
Level 3

Hi,
Those files will be updated in several cases:
1. If they are of newer version from installed (default option)
2. If component GUID is changed - either change it manually every time you build a release or you can set such option in release properties. It called "Generate Package Code"
3. If you set in file's properties checkbox to "always owerwrite" (I'm not sure if you can set it for dynamic files, but you can try)
0 Kudos
palanisamy
Level 7

Thanks for ur reply anvanster, i tried all the scenarios( including separate component for DLL and EXE files with Always Overwrite option is enabled), This is an installshield MSI project issue.

In my project applications have (ini, txt, EXE, DLL and image files), only DLL and EXE files are not replaced.
0 Kudos
anvanster
Level 3

palanisamy wrote:
Thanks for ur reply anvanster, i tried all the scenarios( including separate component for DLL and EXE files with Always Overwrite option is enabled), This is an installshield MSI project issue.

In my project applications have (ini, txt, EXE, DLL and image files), only DLL and EXE files are not replaced.

Have you tried creating major update?
0 Kudos