Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeevsayan
Level 3

Update Installer msi's subject and title during compilation time

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please let me know,how can I modify an Installer msi's subject and title while creating the msi using IsCmdBld.
Is there any parameters available for IsCmdBld.exe to update subject and title of an Installer msi.
Regards,

Jeeva Mary Sayan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution

Hi Dan ,

I have used vbscript to update  the  Title Information.

In my machine it has InstallShield 2013 SAB and I used 

Set pProject = CreateObject ("IswiAuto20.ISWiProject")

I got an error " ISWiAuto20: File does not exist"

Please let me know how to resolve this issue..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Dan_Galender
Level 10

With a bit of rudimentary VBScript (or C++), the InstallShield automation interface provides a straightforward way of modifying Summary Information Stream settings (like Subject and Title) using the ISWiSISProperties Collection (search for ISWiSISProperties in the InstallShield internal Help). 

0 Kudos

Hi Dan ,

I have used vbscript to update  the  Title Information.

In my machine it has InstallShield 2013 SAB and I used 

Set pProject = CreateObject ("IswiAuto20.ISWiProject")

I got an error " ISWiAuto20: File does not exist"

Please let me know how to resolve this issue..

0 Kudos
Hi.i don't have a copy of InstallShield 2013 installed on any of my computers. Can you do a Help and About, and check to see if the version is, in fact, 20?Best regards,- Dan______________________________________________Sent from my mobile phone.  As a result,  auto-correct will be blamed for any and all typos, misspellings, and grammar errors.
0 Kudos

This has worked ,Thanks Dan.The issue was that the script calling statement was wrong. 

0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

You can accomplish that by having separate Product Configurations.

Go to the Releases tab.

Right click on Releases and select 'New Product Configuration'.

On the 'General' tab for each Product Configuration you can enter Subject and Title.

Then you can specify the desired Product Configuration with the -a option in your command line for IsCmdBld.exe.

0 Kudos