cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hillsmeister
Level 2

Uninstall old App version with Upgrade Code

Hi All,

I'm new to all this packaging malarky and I was wondering if you are able to assist me?

We're using AdminStudio v10 SP2 (which includes InstallShield 2011).

I have managed to extract the MSI of the latest Java (v7 Upadate 10). I have created a transform file (via the Tuner that you get with AdminStudio) that disables all of the auto updates and also injects a specific deployment.properties file to control specific security settings within the applet itself. I have got all of this working fine. What i need to do now is use the Upgrade Code to remove the old version of Java that we have in our current desktop estate.

Our current version of Java was packaged via Wise PS8 and was done via a snapshot. I have opened up the old package and have obtained the Upgrade Code of that package. I placed the Upgrade Code within the Upgrade table in the Direct Editor saved the MSI and then tested it.

Expected behaviour = the new MSI will uninstall the old MSI and then continue to load the new files.

Resultant behavious = The New MSI just installs and the OLD MSI remains with both versions showingin CTRL Panel.

I'd be grateful for any assistance anyone may have?

Cheers

Andy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Nick_Umanski
Level 7

You need to do more than just drop the Upgrade code in the Upgrade table. What attributes have you set? Why didn't you do it in the Upgrade editor?

Looking in my table I have the following:

, [blank], ***ALL_VERSIONS***, [blank], 257, [blank], ISACTIONPROP1, UpgradeOlderVersion

I'm not sure that is everything though, but if you do it in the Upgrade Editor it is easy.

1. Create your Major Upgrade item, name it UpgradeOlderVersion
2. Tick the relevant radio button as to whether it is sharing your UpgradeCode and if not enter the other one.
3. Tick the radio button Product Version/Any earlier version
4. Go to the Advanced tab and ensure 'Detect Only' = No and 'Migrate Feature States' = Yes
0 Kudos