cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InstallGal
Level 3

Uninstall entry not removed from Add/Remove Programs

Hello,

I am using InstallScript 2010 to create several language releases of the same installer.

Installation goes fine for all languages, but when I uninstall non English OS the uninstaller reports success but the entry is not removed from Add/Remove Programs.

When I click the entry to uninstall again I see the attached error ("An error occurred while trying to remove . It may have already been uninstalled. Would you like to remove from Add or Remove programs list?"

When I select "yes" the entry is removed and the registry key is cleaned.

I also noticed that after first uninstall the uninstall icon in Add/Remove changes.

Has anyone experienced this issue??

Thanks,
IG
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
itsvnay
Level 4

Hi IG,
I have recently migrated our IS version 12 InstallScript project to IS 2011. I am experiencing the same issue as you posted here -- were you able to find solution for this issue?

Any guidance on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vinay
0 Kudos
lonewolf32
Level 5

Hi I am just posting in case anyone finds a solution. I am in the same boat.
0 Kudos
lonewolf32
Level 5

In my case, I was using the following line to make all of my registry entries go to the 64-bit area of the Registry:
REGDB_OPTIONS = REGDB_OPTIONS | REGDB_OPTION_WOW64_64KEY;

I was calling this in OnBegin, and leaving it that way the entire time. Apparently it also affects the registry entries that are created to display in Add/Remove (although the product DOES show up there...?)

Anyway I more selectively use this command, only when I am actually creating Registry entries, and then reset the bit when I am done. Now my product goes away from Add/Remove after I install it.

To reset, use:
REGDB_OPTIONS = REGDB_OPTIONS & ~REGDB_OPTION_WOW64_64KEY;

Thanks!
0 Kudos