Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nithyapriya
Level 5

UI Wizard based on Feature Selection

Jump to solution

Hi Team,

In our Suite/Advanced UI , we have 4 Features and all feature's executables requires different inputs.So we have UI wizards to collect inputs for respective executables. Is there any way to add condition for showing UI wizards based on Feature selection?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
Nithyapriya
Level 5

The Issue has been ressolved by Defining the "FEATURE[featurename].actionState" in property manager with empty value and enabling the "Formatted String" checkbox (which represents that this particular property can be supplied/modified with default system/engine values at run time) for same property key.

Setting Multiple active page accomblished without setting active page in next button. Because already Wizard interface is maintaing the insertion sequence/order of dialogues. Just added the condition for each dialogues and shown them as per feature selection.

Thank You!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(12) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator
0 Kudos

Hi Varul,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to Show Respective UI wizard as per Feature selection.

For Example,  there are 4 Features and 4 different UI respectively. If User selects only 1st Feature, 1st UI wizard alone must  be shown. If  2nd and 3rd Feature Selected, 2nd and 3rd UI wizard alone must be shown, etc., 

Do we have way to accomplish this use case ?

And getting feature's action state is not happening for me.PFA. I Tried Giving the feature name in quotes.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Nithyapriya  

You mean, we have 4 features, on feature selection dialog. when user select feature1, then next dialog should be relevant to feaure1 (EX: feature1 dialog)

When user selects only Feature2, the next dialog should be Feature2 dialog.

if you selects both 1 and 2 what will happen? or multi selection is not allowed? Please confirm

0 Kudos

@varul 

Multi selection is allowed in InstallationFeature Dialogue. If user select 1 and 2 feature checkboxes, Both UI wizard 1 and  wizard 2 must be shown but not 3 and 4 UI wizard.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Nithyapriya 

Could you please create a new support case.

Navigate to Get Support > Open New Case in the top menu and open a new case to track this issue if you would like to proceed with having this issue addressed?

That will allow us to best track this issue in order to best assist you.

0 Kudos

Hi Varul,
I am not able to create case.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Nithyapriya :

You can refer attached screenshot on how to show dialog based on feature selection.

On case creation, you can contact our support dial in number, they will help to create a new case or by email at support@revenera.com

https://community.flexera.com/t5/Support-Information/Support-Contacts/ta-p/94720

0 Kudos

Varul,

I tried all possible ways in condition at InstallationFeature dialogue Next Button, FEATURE[featurename].actionState set as neither Install/install nor 0/1. It Pass the condition if I validate FEATURE[featurename].actionState "Not equal to" install. I tried assinging the value to variable even, it assigned as Feature.actionState.Printring FEATURE[featurename].actionState in log didn't happen, got error in building the ism. [@Feature[featurename].ActionState] also didn't help us.

And regarding setting multiple "Active page" for a button(without condition), It shows the page which has been set as last item. I went through a link where it states that, extension DLL is required to get the value of FEATURE[featurename].actionState. The link is here https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Forum/Suite-How-do-I-get-the-results-of-a-FeatureSelectionTree/m-p/110623. Please confirm this

Do we have any other option to get the selected Feature List in suite/advanced UI and display the dialogue as per feature selection one after another correspondingly.

0 Kudos
Nithyapriya
Level 5

The Issue has been ressolved by Defining the "FEATURE[featurename].actionState" in property manager with empty value and enabling the "Formatted String" checkbox (which represents that this particular property can be supplied/modified with default system/engine values at run time) for same property key.

Setting Multiple active page accomblished without setting active page in next button. Because already Wizard interface is maintaing the insertion sequence/order of dialogues. Just added the condition for each dialogues and shown them as per feature selection.

Thank You!!

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Nithyapriya 

Good to hear you are able to solve it, 

Could you please share the screenshot of the configuration, we understand you add the property in property manager and then how you used that property in dialog,  So please share a screenshot or sample suite file.

0 Kudos

@varul  PFA.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Nithyapriya : Thank you

0 Kudos