cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Trouble with new prerequisite

Using IS 2015 SP1. InstallScript MSI Project.
I have a prerequisite that I added that works just fine in a local build. However, when I do a SAB the build fails (on both of my Build Agents) with:

90>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2015\InstallShield.targets(77,3): error : -6003: An error occurred streaming 'Node-JS.prq' into setup.exe
90>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2015\InstallShield.targets(77,3): error : -7066: Your project contains a reference to the InstallShield prerequisite Node-JS.prq; however, this file cannot be located. Either remove the InstallShield prerequisite from your project, or locate this file.

On the SAB machines I have placed the Node-js folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015 SAB\SetupPrerequisites
To eliminate a descrepancy between \2015 and \2015SAB I also tried placing the Nod-JS folder in D:\ and then edited the prereq in my project to reflect that. Same error.

Files to Include - D:\Node-JS\node-v6.10.0-x64.msi
Application to Run - node-v6.10.0-x64.msi

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

You may need to configure your .isproj file with the PrerequisitePath parameter to specify the folders that contain the InstallShield prerequisite files (.prq files) that are referenced by your project. See Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild) for more information.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Thanks Hidenori.
That sounds like good advice. Will take a look.
0 Kudos
chad_petersen
Level 9

Under the Tools menu should be a choice for "Prerequisite Editor". This is what I use to make new PRQ files or edit existing ones, some that are delivered with InstallShield. It is a separate little utility that you can also run outside of InstallShield.

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2016\Support\PrereqEditor.exe

is a sample default path on IS2016, for example.

I always start with an existing PRQ file if there is one, but easy enough to create one. One of our products uses a third party Synergy DE that is, of course, not included with Installshield. So I wrote a PRQ file to install that automatically and quietly like other provided PRQ files. I even worked with Synergex support to make sure they were aware of what I was doing and that I was using the correct parameters and choices in my PRQ as far as they were concerned. They even wrote an internal KB article on it so future customers wouldn't have to start from scratch with them.

There are 6 tabs in the PRQ Editor and subtle changes can make a big difference as I'm sure you will see as you get into it further.

Chad
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Thanks Hidenori and Chad... all very good info.
In this case the moral of the story is "Don't overlook the obvious!".
When I copied files to the SAB machines I copied the msi files and parent folder, but did not copy the prq file.
Thanks for the advice and sorry for the trouble.
0 Kudos