cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danieluc
Level 6

Transparent messagebox text ??

Hi guys,

I am using IS 2008 Premier into deployment of my application, BASIC MSI project.
I need a checkbox, used on a custom dialog, with a custom background, and the text seems to be displayed in gray.
Could this be made? cause I tried, and did not seem to find a transparency property (as in labels) so that the text of the checkbox is not surrounded but a gray background? I used a label untill now, right next to the checkbox, but now I want to click on the text and enable/disable the checkbox, so the label is not very helpful.

Also, someone suggested to:
"Can you use Windows API in MSI installers and subclass elements? If yes, you could create a callback WndProc to subclass the WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message of the checkbox and return a transparent brush."
but I DON'T think this is possible in a BASIC-MSI project.
Please tell me if this is possible ..

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
danieluc
Level 6

Guys, anyone?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I'm not aware of a simple way to handle this; I think we do what you described, use a check box with no text, and then line up a transparent label next to it. See SetupCompleteSuccess, for example.
0 Kudos
danieluc
Level 6

Yes, I did that; but it is required to check/uncheck the checkbox by clicking on text to, and I'm not sure how to do this ..
0 Kudos