cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edelweiss0
Level 2

The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized

We use the InstallShield 2011 and the InstallShield 2011 LE for our Visual Studio 2010 Solutions (instead of the Visual Studio Setup Projects).

The Solutions with an InstallShield 2011 LE project build well in the Visual Studio. But if we build the solution with MSBuild.exe in an automatic build the build fails with the following error message:

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\InstallShield\2011Limited\InstallShield.targets(96,3): error : -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

Same when we build an InstallShield 2011 project with the IsCmdBld.exe:

ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.

We use a domain account with NO admin priviledges to build our applications automatically (Windows Server 2008). But if we start the Visual Studio or the InstallShield 2011 with this account, the builds are successful... Only the automatic build fails. Any solutions? The Flexera support didn't really help... (i would say really poor performance from the support) :mad:

And yes the license is valid!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
edelweiss0
Level 2

Additional information: When i start the InstallShield with elevated administrative rights on the "Build Account" and then start MSBuild.exe with the following parameters from the command line:

"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe" w/t:Build /p:Configuration="Release";Platform="Any CPU" /v:normal /m "W:\Solution.sln"

"Build succeeded"

If i restart the computer and retry the build with the same parameters, the build will fail.

So the MSBuild.exe and the IsCmdBld.exe need administrative priviledges. But this is against our company policy...

@Flexera: Fix this bug, it's very anoying! :mad:
0 Kudos
OneDayBehind
Level 4

I was getting the same -7159 error when trying to call IsCmdBld from an InvokeProcess activity in TFS Build 2010. The build agent was running as the local NT AUTHORITY\Network Service account. When that account was changed to a domain account with administrative privileges, the error went away.
0 Kudos
lea_p_ilagan
Level 2

Hi edelweiss0,

May I ask if you found solution to this problem? I also encountering this when I run the automated build script using Hudson. But in actual machine it's working fine.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Lea
0 Kudos