cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PlinyElder
Level 7

Text Area not transparent

The transparency settings dont work for me when adding a new label to dialog header. Is there a fix for the red circled area?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Evan_Border
Level 8

PlinyElder wrote:
The transparency settings dont work for me when adding a new label to dialog header.

Seems to work fine for me using InstallShield 2014 SP1:

0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

Evan Border wrote:
Seems to work fine for me using InstallShield 2014 SP1:

i am working with Installshield 2014 SP1 in an installscript project and it doesnt work for me..
0 Kudos
Evan_Border
Level 8

PlinyElder wrote:
i am working with Installshield 2014 SP1 in an installscript project and it doesnt work for me..

Oh, you're not working in the Basic MSI project type...that explains the difference. You may be encountering a bug that impacts only the InstallScript project types. You should contact support and create an incident for this.
h t t p s : / / flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/SupportSFCaseLanding
https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/SupportSFCaseLanding
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

On inner dialogs in InstallScript (such as the license agreement, feature selection, etc.) two controls in the header area of the dialog are drawn with transparent backgrounds. Specifically these are the header title and header message controls, which always have control IDs 50 and 51, respectively. To get this text control to draw with a transparent background, it needs to use control ID 51 (since the other control is correct it's likely already using ID 50).

Note that on the end dialogs (welcome and finish) all text controls are drawn with transparent backgrounds.
0 Kudos
PlinyElder
Level 7

OK, i thought that i had already tried that but i reimported the dialog and used the existing control id 51 text area and it worked for me.

A few questions regarding this imported dialog:
[LIST=1]
  • The dialog is missing the header image that all other dialogs have. I cant seem to get the header image to display in this imported dialog at all either. Its just a white background with no image
  • When does this dialog get called? What Event handler does it belong to? I would like to change the text in the dialog base on the mode i am in at the time. (i.e. Uninstalling, Maintenance, Repair)
  • 0 Kudos
    joshstechnij
    Level 10 Flexeran
    Level 10 Flexeran

The header image is drawn with a placeholder static text control that always has control ID 1200. The text value of the control needs to be set to a valid resource ID and scaling value (to use InstallScript's high DPI support). The default resource string is '@@10552;200' (without the quotes). Typically this control is sized to the header area of the dialog (you can edit any existing interior InstallScript dialogs to see the size of the control).

Dialogs are usually called in one of the UI events. First time installation dialogs are called from OnFirstUIBefore (before file transfer begins) and OnFirstUIAfter (after file transfer completes). Maintenance operations (anything related to repair, modify, or uninstall) are called from OnMaintUIBefore and OnMaintUIAfter. If the project is being upgraded, OnUpdateUIBefore and OnUpdateUIAfter run any dialogs specific to that scenario.
    0 Kudos