cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucasMarchi
Level 3

Task Scheduler

Hello,

I created a Custom Action that should create a Task Scheduler on the target machine, but I'm always barred in the information, such as user ID of the local machine.

When I import my Task's .xml file, I don't know what I should do for installshield to fill in this information...

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

You are trying to create a schedule task using xml  file, not using installshield's task scheduler option right? Please confirm what version of installshield are you using? 

Could you please try installshield's option to create task scheduler and see it works for you or not.

https://docs.revenera.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/STasks-Adding.htm

0 Kudos

Hello,

I use the InstallShield 2021 R1 version, we have the professional license, I've tried to create this task in the way you recommended, but some functions can't be defined this way, so we're trying to use the XML file, if we import the file to any machine it works , but when we try to automate it by installshield it doesn't work and doesn't return any error.

0 Kudos
AnnRogers
Level 2

I have been fighting the same problem. Not  many options are available in the Installshield Task Scheduler.  When I run my .bat file with a custom task, I don't seem to have the correct permissions, even though the account that runs the installer is an admin.

0 Kudos