cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PauSetup
Level 3

TFS+ISLE: Task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5

When I try to build a InstallShield MSI solution using TFS, I get this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2012SpringLimited\InstallShield.targets (21): The "Microsoft.Build.Tasks.AssignProjectConfiguration" task could not be loaded from the assembly Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.

I have tried the solution proposed in the last message:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/archive/index.php?t-198431.html

And it worked!

However, I am not happy with that. I've many problems with TFS and ISLE, and I am worried that this "fix" could hide another problems...

Why Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5 could not be loaded? Is ISLE supposed to work with TFS?
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Shekar
Level 7

Unfortunately I do not seen this error and to determine the cause the issue, we would need a repro case. You can attach a sample solution to see if the error could be related to type of projects in a visual studio solution or is the issue related to the machine configuration.
0 Kudos
PauSetup
Level 3

Shekar wrote:
Unfortunately I do not seen this error and to determine the cause the issue, we would need a repro case. You can attach a sample solution to see if the error could be related to type of projects in a visual studio solution or is the issue related to the machine configuration.

I could reproduce the same problem in another Win7 Pro Spanish system.

And I solved editing the InstallShield.targets from this

AssemblyName="Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5"

to this:

AssemblyFile="Microsoft.Build.Tasks.v3.5.dll"
0 Kudos