cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iqbal_Syed
Level 3

InstallShield is picking up previous system locale

Hello InstallShield Team,

This is a Basic Project with English, German and Polish as Setup languages and I'm installing the product by downloading from server using HTTP. The problem is, if I set my System Locale to German for the first time, the Installation wizard is showing in German. After this, Changed system locale to Polish and restart the machine. Then starting the installation, wizard is still showing in German language. After some investigation, found that in C:\Windows\Installer directory, a GUID folder is created and also in registry HKCR\Installer\Products\{GUID} is created for my product. If I delete the above files and registry entries then the Installation wizard in showing in Polish language.

For information: In c:\windows\installer\{guid} folder, i can see German 1031.MST file. I guess, these files are not getting overwritten with current system locale (i.e., Polish)

I'm using InstallShield2009 Premier edition. Can you please help me out to know, is this the issue with InstallShield or Am I missing any property to set to overwrite the files in c:\windows\installer.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
-Iqbal_Syed
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Language transforms, like any other transform, are locked in after install. If you uninstall your application, then you should find that the next install will follow the system language settings as best as it can.

(You should not delete files from the Windows\Installer directory, as doing so risks breaking the maintenance or uninstallation for the products that are already on your machine.)
0 Kudos
Iqbal_Syed
Level 3

Thank you for providing your inputs.

Just for verification i was deleting the {guid} folder from c:\windows\installer directory. Interestingly, after deleting, InstallShield is able to pick-up the current system locale and showing the installation wizard accordingly. Otherwise, InstallShield is picking up the .mst file that exists c:\windows\installer\{guid} folder and showing the wizard.

Does InstallShield delete the product {guid} folders from c:\windows\installer folder after Uninstallation of the product. Because, i can see the issue is with having this folder in the system.

Will be waiting for your reply.

Thanks,
-Iqbal_Syed.
0 Kudos
Iqbal_Syed
Level 3

Do i need to upgrade to any higher version SP of InstallShield in which this issue would have been fixed?

Thanking you,
-Iqbal_Syed
0 Kudos