cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spdracer
Level 5

System Searches disappear

I create a System Search, condition, and reglocator entry. I then save the project. When I reopen the project the System Search I created is no longer there. The reglocator entry is still there and so is the condition.

My System Search is the following
Search for: DisplayName
Search In: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSMQ
Store and use in Condition: GE_MSMQ

RegLocator Entry

Signature: NewSignature1
Root: 2
Key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSMQ
Name: DisplayName
Type: 2

My question is, why isn't the System Search being saved?

If I build the installation right after adding the System Search it works fine, but if I save it, reopen the project, and build it again, the installation will not work correctly. It keeps throwing the condition.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Christoph
Level 8

Have you been editing straight into the reglocator table?

I've seen the same when editing entries from within the reglocator table.
0 Kudos
Spdracer
Level 5

Have you been editing straight into the reglocator table?

I've seen the same when editing entries from within the reglocator table.

No, I have only been adding the System Search. Each time I re-add the System Search it creates a new entry in the regloacator and creates a new condition
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

Can you provide a step-by-step repro case? If you do, you can either post it here or contact eService.
0 Kudos
Spdracer
Level 5

I went ahead and deleted everything, the condition and the entry in the reglocator. I then recreated the system search. It made the appropriate entry in the reglocator and made the condition. The system search was gone when I reopened the project, but it appears to work the way I wanted it to. It is just a concern that the system search is not there.
0 Kudos
Spdracer
Level 5

TsungH wrote:
Can you provide a step-by-step repro case? If you do, you can either post it here or contact eService.

Not sure what you need for the repro? I can explain exactly what I do.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

Well, I don't have any problems creating and saving system searches (in System Search view) in a Basic MSI project. It could be a bug (corner case?) in IS2008, or it could be some human error. In order for others to be able to provide any assistance, you will need to help them see your problem.

By "a step-by-step repro case," I meant the following.
1) Create a blank Basic MSI project.
2) Go to System Search view.
3) Right-click to bring up context menu, select "Add..."
4) Click Next button on Welcome dialog of System Search Wizard.
5) ...

Screenshots will work too. Or a sample project showing your problem.
0 Kudos