cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FELLAFOO
Level 3

System Reserved Partition

We're starting to see a new problem that prevents someone from installing our software to the 'BOOTUPDRIVE.' This is usually the C-Drive. However, when the user tries to set the TARGETDIR to that path, they get an error about insufficient disk space. (I am not testing available disk space at this point in my script).

In one case, we traced the problem to a System Reserved Partition that had a drive letter 'G' assigned to it. Removing the assignment, corrected the problem. We currently have another case where there is a SRP, but no drive letter assignment, and the user still get the disk space error.

This condition seems to be tripping up InstallShield somehow.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Is there a way to handle this in my script?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
chad_petersen
Level 9

You might need to set your ROOTDRIVE property to some specific value rather than letting it determine the ROOTDRIVE for you. Check this link and read up on what it does if you do not specify a hard-coded ROOTDRIVE.

Check a log file on a failure case and see that it is setting ROOTDRIVE to. Might confirm my suspicion.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa371372(v=vs.85).aspx

I hope that helps some.

Chad
0 Kudos