cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cornel_gav
Level 5

Support files problem.

Can anyone give me an example of using SUPPORT FILES.

After what Exec Sequence the SUPPORTDIR is created and how can I acces a support file from a CustomAction?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What do you want to do with the support files? In some cases, using the Binary table might be more appropriate; in any case, the InstallShield help topic "SUPPORTDIR" (and the topics it links to) should help you get started.
0 Kudos
AfxBurning
Level 2

Hi,

I have basic MSI project. I have included DLL file to the Support Files section (later, during install, I want to call funtions from this DLL via Custom Action).

Help say, that all support files are extracted to the folder, denoted by SUPPORTDIR variable. But in reality, I found my DLL in the TEMP \ {PRODUCT_GUID}, while SUPPORTDIR poits to another folder.

I tried to access SUPPORTDIR via MsiGetProperty, but it returns empty string.

Can anyone help me with this issue?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What does your MsiGetProperty call look like? What is the return code? A common issue is forgetting to set the buffer-size variable to a large enough number to hold the property value before calling MsiGetProperty...
0 Kudos
AfxBurning
Level 2

It starts working! Do not know, what was a reason of prev problem, maybe I made a mistake in property name, passed to MsiGet....(). The buffer was initially 1024, now I've made it to be 8192. It works fine.
0 Kudos