cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sureshkottakki
Level 6

Suite installer execution

Hi,
I created a Suite installer with 10 exe packages in it, all these exe packages are created using Installscript MSI project.
Let the exe packages names like setup1.exe, setup2.exe, ... setup5.exe, setup6.exe, .... setup10.exe.
Now while installing the Suite installer, if I cancel the setup1.exe, the execution of the remaining setups should not continue. Could you please help me in this issue.Thanks in advance
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

If you have set up correct detection conditions, this should happen automatically. Correct detection conditions are key to proper functioning of the suite. Because of this I typically recommend using .msi packages wherever possible, as InstallShield can create the detection condition for those automatically.
0 Kudos
sureshkottakki
Level 6

Hi MichaelU,
We are supposed to use only exe files but not msi files. Secondly which Detection condition do we need to add , already we are using Installscript package in Detection condition for our purpose.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Well, InstallScript MSI packages are installing a Windows Installer-based product, so you can use condition trees built around the "MSI Package" condition to detect them. Depending on whether you offer minor upgrades, and how you want to handle them, you may have to tweak your exact approach.

The core thing is to write a condition that returns true when and only when the package is installed on the machine. During installation, if this doesn't change from false to true, the suite will then be able to tell that the installation failed.
0 Kudos
sureshkottakki
Level 6

Hi ,
I added a "MSI Package" condition in detection condition for Setup2,setup3,etc and filled the product code, package code, product version, comparison value of Setup1.exe in Setup2,setup3,etc MSI Package condition. But still it is not stopping the execution
0 Kudos
sureshkottakki
Level 6

Hi ,
Any update on this issue???
0 Kudos