cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmisniak
Level 3

Suite and packages

Hi, I have Suite with one dependency package and one primary. I confirm agreement dialog, feature checkboxes dialog and installation starts. Dependency package requires reboot. After confirmed reboot, installer starts with dialog of agreement and features selection. Is there any way to continue without duplicated confirmation related to these dialogs? I dont want to start from beginning after reboot but to continue. I would like to have more packages requiring reboots and starting again and again may be frustrating for the user.

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @kmisniak ,

Suite behaves in this way

• Say one of the added suite packages needs reboot
  • Suite will save current state in specific file and retrieve it after reboot
  • Which includes saving current page and few other information as well.

In that case it should retain from where it is left out.I had seen this behavior before where it retains from InstallationProgress page and finishes installation

Is there anything specific to the added package?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

The first package was full .net 4.7.2 as dependency package. It finished and asked for reboot. After reboot it started with second package (primary type and msi) like without saved state.
0 Kudos

Hi @kmisniak ,

Did you have a look at the file that i had mentioned ?If possible can you attach the specified file(_isXXX) and your project files to get more details about the specific scenario?

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Included.

0 Kudos

Hi @kmisniak2 ,

I couldn't build the files due to missing package files.But still with the similar setting i could see the expected behavior i.e unable to reproduce the issue here.

Can you please attach all the package files,if custom setup.exe as pre-requisite(as well main msi package files),please add that as well so that i can try building without issues.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos