cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrHartmann
Level 7

Suite Wizard - GroupBox issues

I put together new dialog for handling Setup Options -- just some checkboxes and then a groupbox with InstallFolder (DestinationFolder - to be passed as a Property to some of the install packages), and a change button to alter the folder.

I have one question and one bug regarding the group box:

question -- how can I anchor the label and browse button that I want inside the group box so that they move accordingly if i re-position the group box? It seems like controls can only be anchored to the main window.

bug -- I have a dark background and have changed all the standard fonts to be white text. This works fine everywhere else, but the text on the groupbox is not listening and remains black, so it basically blends into the background. From seeing similar threads, it sounds like there are some known issues with styles not applying in some cases. I know the font is correct, as it is used in many other places. I haven't really looked into the 30+ Style options for the groupbox in great detail -- is there a workaround that one of the options can provide, or should I wait for a hotfix on this one?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
BrHartmann
Level 7

Update - when I tried out a test build on a VM, the group box text at least showed up in white as I wanted, but seemed to default to the wrong style (I had selected "Body" and have some other labels on that dialog using Body, and it's clear the group box text is using a different font).
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Correct - there is currently only anchoring to resizes of the window, and that only is supported for run-time. We're looking at applying the same logic to change the base size of the control when the base size of the dialog is modified, but haven't implemented this yet.

Looks like the group box's text only respects the background color of a text style. Setting the background might be a work around, but really this is a bug we'll need to fix. I've filed IOA-000065894 to track this.
0 Kudos
PaulEden
Level 4

Hi

I would echo the groupbox issue, though from my point of view it's not so important that the controls resize with the groupbox, more that the groupbox acts as a container control so all contained controls upper-left remain relative to the groupbox when it is moved.

Also I would add that, as per above, the groupbox should behave as a parent to the contained controls - if you need to conditionally display the group box and it's controls, you currently need to put the contition on all the controls, rather than just the groupbox.

[edit]
Another addition would be that in design mode, when you have a groupbox surrounding other controls such as a password box or property-bound label, the mouse-click to select the contrained controls is consumed by the groupbox. In order to select the label, you have to move the group box out of the way and ~then~ select the label. Then you need ot move the groupbox back and hope it doesn't notice.

paul
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Some sort of parenting thing would be nice, agreed.

As for selecting a covered control, perhaps try clicking on the control in the tree instead of on the dialog. Or reverse the tab order, as that currently also controls the order we probe for clicks, but that will probably create display problems.
0 Kudos
PaulEden
Level 4

Hi

I htink I got the to bottom of my selection issue - it was linked as you say to teh control tree and resolved here:

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=199406
0 Kudos