Did you mean: 
izm43l
Level 2

Suit - Advanced UI project - Always Create Debug log option

Greetings,
Ive just come across this option in
Media - Releases - Setup.exe
- Always Create Debug Log - yes/no

Is there a way to define the target dir for the debuglog? I havent found anything anywhere. But maybe i missed something? Because i would like to use it, but i dont want to keep it next to the setup.exe and if i make the move action OnEnd, there might be leftover. When the logging is finished.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

izm43l wrote:
Greetings,
Ive just come across this option in
Media - Releases - Setup.exe
- Always Create Debug Log - yes/no

Is there a way to define the target dir for the debuglog? I havent found anything anywhere. But maybe i missed something? Because i would like to use it, but i dont want to keep it next to the setup.exe and if i make the move action OnEnd, there might be leftover. When the logging is finished.

Hi,

You can achieve it via IsCmdBld.exe commandline parameter with /debuglog"pathtolog" Eg:Setup.exe /debuglog"C:\PathToLog\setupexe.log" but not via UI.

Can you please clarify what do you mean by this "if i make the move action OnEnd, there might be leftover. When the logging is finished."?

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
izm43l
Level 2

Jenifer wrote:
Hi,

You can achieve it via IsCmdBld.exe commandline parameter with /debuglog"pathtolog" Eg:Setup.exe /debuglog"C:\PathToLog\setupexe.log" but not via UI.

Can you please clarify what do you mean by this "if i make the move action OnEnd, there might be leftover. When the logging is finished."?

Thanks,
Jenifer

Hello,
Sorry i didnt notice the respons earlier, however according to https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/ISCmdBldParam.htm? the ISCmdBld doesnt have parameter that you suggested. So i tried followin, as last resort try, without any luck.

"..pathTo\IsCmdBld.exe" -p "..pathTo\PM.Suite.issuite" -l debuglog="C:\Path"

and to clarify what i meant by the line you quoted..
I created c# action, that i call from Suite in event OnEnd, which moves the InstallShield.log. The action moves the log, however "new" InstallShield.log is created next to the setup.exe with the information how the Move action finished.

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

izm43l wrote:
Hello,
Sorry i didnt notice the respons earlier, however according to https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield19helplib/helplibrary/ISCmdBldParam.htm? the ISCmdBld doesnt have parameter that you suggested. So i tried followin, as last resort try, without any luck.

"..pathTo\IsCmdBld.exe" -p "..pathTo\PM.Suite.issuite" -l debuglog="C:\Path"

and to clarify what i meant by the line you quoted..
I created c# action, that i call from Suite in event OnEnd, which moves the InstallShield.log. The action moves the log, however "new" InstallShield.log is created next to the setup.exe with the information how the Move action finished.

Hi,

Apologies for misinterpreting the text,i was suggesting to go for commandline option while launching setup.exe(output of Suite setup).Thereby mentioned the example "Setup.exe /debuglog"C:\PathToLog\setupexe.log""

There is no support for passing targetdir value via IDE today in InstallShield

Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos