cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amotkram
Level 2

IIS Default Web Site. How to add application under IIS's existing default web site

We install our website as an application under Default Web Site that already exists in IIS. I cannot find anything useful to help setup IIS installation to install our application under the existing Default Web Site. Using PREMIER version I have used iissetup.exe to export for a IIS and then imported it into the InstallShield project. Then built and tried to install on a server with virgin IIS setup (which includes the Default Web Site already configured) The installer crashes Error: - 1603. If I delete the Default Web Site from IIS and then run the setup it works fine. This is not acceptable as it is common for customers to have other sub application under Default Web Site. Is there any solution?

Additionally - I see that new settings are configurable when setting up website in IS2018. Authenticated Access. However this does not seem to support string variables like Name, Application Pool or Content Source Path do. Customers settings here will vary depending on their internal policies. This means that either A. we have install some basic settings and then instruct the end customer to reconfigure IIS (that kind of defeats the purpose) or we have to configure each possible variation as websites in InstallShield and then prompt the user and dynamically control install of the correctly configured website via features or something.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

Server Configuration
Internet Information Systems
Web Sites
Right Click on 'Default Web Site'
New Application
0 Kudos
amotkram
Level 2

Default Web Site does not exist in the project. So one cannot simple right-click it. I have to manually add it. After doing that the installer fails error-1603 while trying to install. I even used IISSetup.exe to export an existing IIS configuration. Then imported it into a new project which it correctly builds the Internet Information Services configuration per what was exported. Upon install it still fails same error 1603. If I change the name and port on the Default Web Site then it installs without error.

Side note: the INSERT IMAGE button on this WYSIWYG editor used for posting or replying to post does not work. It overlays the webpage with a semi-transparent div. From there you cannot do anything on the page and are forced to reload to the page which wipes out anything you originally type. I have tried IE, EDGE, FIREFOX and CHROME. They all have same issue.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

In the pane on the left of your IDE:
Server Configuration
Internet Information Services

In the next pane to the right:
Internet Information Services
Right click on 'Web Sites'
Add Web Site

Now you have one to configure
0 Kudos