cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njkuenne
Level 3

Standalone build issue

IS14 Premier (InstallScript MSI); StandAlone Build v14.0.0.162

1) Is there a newer version of the Standalone build engine than 14.0.0.162? The "Check for Updates" link is not work in InstallShield, saying that the FLEXnet servers are down.

2) I have a project that supports multiple languages (e.g. English, French, German). When I try to run the installer on an English XP, but have the region set to something like Romania, which is not an explicitly supported language, I get different results. If I build using the InstallShield application, the language dialog appears, and everything is fine. If I build using the SAB, the language dialog does not appear, and the setup crashes without any error.

What I can fix in the SAB to make the generated setup.exe be identical to the one generated by the InstallShield IDE?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
njkuenne
Level 3

I figured out what the problem was. I had removed the [0x0409] tag and its contents from the setup.ini. On a previous project using InstallShield 12 Premier, this tag did not affect installations on regions not supported explicitly by the installer. However, in InstallShield 2008, this setting is needed.

As best I can tell, the installer checks for the region setting of the OS, and then tries to find the appropriate 0x0000.ini file, per the filter settings of the "RequireExactLangMatch" key in setup.ini. If it can't find one, it defaults to the [0x0409] tag in the setup.ini file for display text for the language selection dialog.
0 Kudos