cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brennalaw
Level 2

Launching application in vista prompts for admin credentials

I have InstallShield 2008, to install our application, it requires admin privilege also sets value in registry. Launching the application as admin in vista, works fine.

But when the application is launched as a Standard user, it prompts for admin credentials. How do I remove the prompt dialog?
I have also created a manifest file with execution level set to 'asInvoker' and have embedded with the application, but still it prompts for admin credentials and the shield icon also appears.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
irenejia
Level 4

I'm a little bit confused whether you really require users to have administrator account. If not, set "General Information"=>"Summary Information Stream"=>"Require Adminitrative Privileges" as "No"
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

I'm also a little confused. If you installer requires administrative (or at least some elevated) privileges, and a standard user tries to run it, it will fail if they don't supply credentials with elevated privileges. Could you clarify a little more what you are trying to accomplish?
0 Kudos
brennalaw
Level 2

I have IA 2008 VP1.
Our application needs "Admin" privilege to install the product, but to launch, even standard and local user should be able to launch the product.
This is the requirement.
Our application is a java application.

Please help!
0 Kudos