cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewvardeman
Level 2

Standalone Build license invalidated upon moving VM to new hardware

We had InstallShield 2021 SAB installed and working on a build server VM in Hyper-V.  We purchased new hardware, and a coworker "moved" the VM from the old machine to the new machine using whatever mechanism Hyper-V provides for that.  Now our builds are failing with:

Invalid host. (-9,57)
##[error]C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2021\InstallShield.targets(77,3): Error : -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\InstallShield\2021\InstallShield.targets(77,3): error : -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized. [C:\a\_work\1\s\Products\SMS\Installation\Mapping.isproj]
ISDEV : fatal error -7159: The product license has expired or has not yet been initialized.
Beta Build\Compressed - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

The old VM is shut down, and starting it up would compete for the same network name as the new server, so if there's any way to unregister the old VM and register the new VM without having access to the new VM, that would be ideal.  I don't even remember what tool I ran to register the SAB in the first place--was that just at the tail end of the installer?  I can't find anything about it in the documentation or the forums.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
andrewvardeman
Level 2

I decided to uninstall and reinstall the standalone build to see if the installer is what asks for the license information.  It is, and upon reinstall it provided me with a new Host ID for the new hardware, which my boss was able to exchange on Revenera's website for a new .lic file.  I'm guessing this only worked because we have the Premiere edition of InstallShield, which comes with 5 standalone build licenses.  So we've probably blown one license, and as much as I'd like to recover that one, it appears this forum is not a quick way to get support.  So.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to Revenera Support.

Please share us your Revenera registered email address so that we could assist you further.

Thanks,
Syed

0 Kudos