cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuzzelogic
Level 3

InstallShield 2019 Professional Version - Convert 32bit InstallScript to MSI Project

Jump to solution

Hello,

Current Version: InstallShield 2019 Professional Version

I would like to migrate my current installshield scripts to MSI installer. 

When I look at the Project Tab, the Project Converters button is disabled.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @fuzzelogic 

There's no automatic process that Installshield can provide here unfortunately.

The convert options is only available to convert from Basic msi to installscript and InstallscriptMSI to Installscript and not vice versa is not possible

However Flexera does have a product called Adminstudio which includes functionality called the Repackager. This will allow you to capture an installation and convert that to an .msi and Basic MSI project.
You can then convert the Basic MSI project into an Installscript MSI project using Installshield.

Be aware however that this repackaging process will not retain any Installscript logic, it will only capture what happens during the installation process.

If you don't want to go down this route, then it would be a manual process of creating a new project from scratch.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @fuzzelogic 

There's no automatic process that Installshield can provide here unfortunately.

The convert options is only available to convert from Basic msi to installscript and InstallscriptMSI to Installscript and not vice versa is not possible

However Flexera does have a product called Adminstudio which includes functionality called the Repackager. This will allow you to capture an installation and convert that to an .msi and Basic MSI project.
You can then convert the Basic MSI project into an Installscript MSI project using Installshield.

Be aware however that this repackaging process will not retain any Installscript logic, it will only capture what happens during the installation process.

If you don't want to go down this route, then it would be a manual process of creating a new project from scratch.