cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jepwga
Level 3

Silent uninstall of a running app fails

I have an application that is installed in either the silent or full interface modes. When I uninstall in full interface I can stop the app with a Custom Action, but when I try to do a silent uninstall the uninstall fails. It appears that it does not even get started beyond writing about 15 lines to a verbose log file. (There is something about no mutex started.) Am I just stopped from doing a full silent install and doing some sort of partial user interface, or do I needed to run my Kill program before the silent uninstall in a batch file?:D
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
packagechief
Level 5

jepwga wrote:
I have an application that is installed in either the silent or full interface modes. When I uninstall in full interface I can stop the app with a Custom Action, but when I try to do a silent uninstall the uninstall fails. It appears that it does not even get started beyond writing about 15 lines to a verbose log file. (There is something about no mutex started.) Am I just stopped from doing a full silent install and doing some sort of partial user interface, or do I needed to run my Kill program before the silent uninstall in a batch file?:D

Well if you install the application in the silent mode the "Install Execute Sequence" will be called and therefore the Custom Action which stops the Application shoud also inserted there with the correct condition to ensure, that the App(Process) will be stopped before you uninstall the program

(see example attached)

if this dosen't work you have to create a Custom Action which calls the kill app utility to kill the process before uninstalling the whole program
0 Kudos