cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vvatclor
Level 3

Silent Installation

In Installshield 2008 installscripting, Is there a way I could get any return value of my silent install? If there's none, what can you suggest in order to receive notification of the output/result of my Silent installation. Also can you give some of the best practices when using Silent install?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps check the return code in the setup.log file generated when you perform a silent InstallScript installation? You can control the location of setup.log using the /f2 switch to setup.exe.
0 Kudos
yogesh12
Level 3

Hi Robert,

>> Perhaps check the return code in the setup.log file generated when you >> perform a silent InstallScript installation? You can control the location of >> setup.log using the /f2 switch to setup.exe.

Do we have any mechanism to check the return code of Setup.exe (executed in silent mode) other than LOG file.
===>> YES WE HAVE. Refer the section in IS HELP "Setup.exe Return Values and Run-Time Errors (Basic MSI and InstallScript MSI Projects)
"
====>You can capture the return values when you call the CreateProcess API to launch Setup.exe, or use a batch file to launch Setup.exe. <=====

So, to achieve above do we need to code anything as we are using BASIC MSI installation?
0 Kudos