cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Katsoulas
Level 2

Setup application upgrade

It is hard to belive but we are still using InstallShield Professional 5.1. Needless to say, we are way overdue upgrading to the newest version of InstallShield. My question is what is the best way to do it? I have been thinking about using InstallShield Limited Edition 2010. I realize that I cannot expect to press a button and get a fully working upgrade but it would be nice to get a long way down the road and then make the necessary changes.

I would gratly appreciate any suggestions.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

Kindly refer the following post.

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?t=193125

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos
Peter_Katsoulas
Level 2

Our lagacy InstallShield 5.1 setup is not running with VS 2010 so that is not a problem.

Can InstallShield 2010 LE deal with an .ipr file? We also have a .rul file that contains our setup script. Can we compile the script in IS 2010 LE?

I am simply trying to determine what is the best/easiest way to go about upgrading our InstallShield 5.1 setup.
0 Kudos
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

InstallShield Limited Edition doesn’t support .ipr file format. The .rul file is related to Installscript which is supported by InstallShield Premier and professional editions.

InstallShield Limited Edition cannot open projects that were created with the Premier, Professional or Express editions of InstallShield.

If you wish to upgrade the setup created with InstallShield 5.1 then you may try the Premier and Professional editions of InstallShield.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos