cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcro83
Level 2

'Setup Status' dialog image

I have an InstallScript MSI project, and the 'Setup Status' dialog isn't available in the list of editable dialogs.

Is there any way to modify the standard image that appears in the top banner of this dialog?

Ideally I would like to replace this image, but would be happy enough to just remove the image completely. I had previously been using InstallShield 2014, and seems that the image didn't appear in that version but does now using 2015.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The missing image in IS 2014 was a bug related to high DPI support in the InstallScript UI. This was resolved in 2015.

The banner/logo image on the runtime dialogs can normally be changed or removed with the DialogSetInfo function. At this time, high DPI image/scaling support is not available through this function (this will be available in a future update). However, if you just want to turn the image off (for all dialogs), use the following call in OnBegin:

DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "", TRUE);

If at some point you want to turn the image back on:

DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "", DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE_REVERT_IMAGE);

Moving these calls around can be used to limit the dialogs that don't show the image instead of having the image turned off for all dialogs.
0 Kudos
pcro83
Level 2

Thanks Josh for the prompt reply, that resolved my issue.
0 Kudos