cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wardbill
Level 4

Setup Prerequisites and x64 - searching for a file

Hi Folks,

Can anyone give me direction on how to create a Setup Prerequisite condition on Windows X64 operating systems in which "a file with a certain version exists" and the path is as follows:

[ProgramFilesFolder]Microsoft SQL Server\100\KeyFile\1033\sqlncli_keyfile.dll

The problem is that [ProgramFilesFolder] evaluates to "C:\Program Files (x86)" on Winodws X64 and I the file I am looking for is in "C:\Program Files"

The supported path variables are [CommonFilesFolder], [ProgramFilesFolder], [SystemFolder], and [WindowsFolder] which doesn't help.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
HenryL
Level 5

0 Kudos
ericpaul
Level 6

Hi, just use [ProgramFiles64Folder].
0 Kudos
wardbill
Level 4

Thanks,

Tried that, doesn't work. [ProgramFiles64Folder] doesn't seem to be supported in the setup prereq instance.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It should be supported as of IS 2010; perhaps see if you can verify what file it's checking with a tool like Process Monitor? Did you rebuild the setup (with the updated prerequisite) before testing this? Just making sure.
0 Kudos
calvin
Level 2

im also facing the same problem...when i use [ProgramFiles64Folder], it defaults to programfiles(x86) folder on target 64bit machine. couldn't help, tried every possibility but in vain. And this support for this product is also not upto the mark 😞 :mad:
0 Kudos