cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Setting location of Prerequisite for install build

I would like to know if prerequisites can be located in any other folder then C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\SetupPrerequisites?

Merge modules can be stored in local or a common Respository folder so that they can be shared by many different developers and the build machines, but can the prerequisites be handled this way?

At the moment we have to copy prerequisites around to other developer machines or check into source control and always have to update the SetupPrerequisite folder just in case someone has updated a file.

So is there anyway to have a shared location and or have it so that the build machine can re-direct the install to find the files in a different folder?

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Jeff2008
Level 6

This is an issue for us also. I would prefer if we could specify a .prq file using the root directory.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

This request is logged as enhancement IOC-000054166. As a workaround, you can use the Direct Editor view to modify the location: edit the ISBuildSourcePath column of the ISSetupPrerequisites table. You can use path variables in that location (for example, ).

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

DebbieL wrote:
This request is logged as enhancement IOC-000054166. As a workaround, you can use the Direct Editor view to modify the location: edit the ISBuildSourcePath column of the ISSetupPrerequisites table. You can use path variables in that location (for example, ).

I hope that helps.

Does this solution work for InstallShield 2009 as well? I tried using a path variable in ISBuildSourcePath column of the ISSetupPrerequisites table, but it causes a yellow exclamation point to appear by the name in the Redistributables view, and the prq can no longer be edited from there.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

It works the same way in InstallShield 2009 and InstallShield 2010. Once you have added your custom path through the Direct Editor, an exclamation point is shown in the Redistributables view, and the .prq file is no longer available for edit from within that view. Using the Direct Editor to specify a custom location is just a workaround for now, until we are able to address IOC-000054166.
0 Kudos
TylerC
Level 3

I too would like to see this improvement, ASAP. I don't like having to add shares to my source control just to accommodate the new file structure for every new version of InstallShield.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Marwan
Level 7

This will be available in the next release.
0 Kudos